Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Video Review: The Good

Oh Take me Back to The Start...

Because I have already reviewed a scary video, I decided to review a video that I enjoy. First we should review what makes a video good, while there is the typical stuff such as acting, lighting and how the video makes the artists themselves look. How ever, for me to think that it is a good music video it has to have a message, or give me some type of feeling. If they manage to do this I believe that they have succeeded in making a good music video.

The music video that i have chosen is The Scientist by Coldplay. Coldplay is an rock band originating from London England, they formed in 1998. Coldplay has released numerous records over the years and have sold over 50 million records worldwide. The band has been influenced by Radio Head, U2, and Arcade Fire, but maintain an image and sound that is original.

One of my favorite songs from Coldplay is The Scientist. This single came off of the bands "A Rush of Blood to the Head" album and was instantly a hit. The video makes the song even more amazing with its creativity.

The song itself is about regrets, and wanting to take thing's back. The video's director did a great job of artistically showing this. The video is played in backwards slow motion at the beginning the viewer is confused but as the video progresses we understand what happens. Because the band is not the best looking folk, or the best actors this video is perfect for them. The viewer is more focused on the story they are trying to tell then the band itself, so you can focus more on the music.

One of my favourite shots in this video is when the lead singer Chris Martin (and band's front man) is standing in the forest and the leaves are falling up. This makes it look beautiful because of the lighting and way the scene is shown. I find this video even more interesting because this video is played backwards the lead singer had to learn all of the lyrics backwards. That takes time and effort I'm impressed...



Although I'm sure you've already seen it worth taking another look at, so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment